Monday, May 15, 2017

Don't Fear Changing What You Don't Like

I truly believe if you don't like it-change it! The key component is do you dislike it enough to do the WORK required to change whatever it is you dislike? I have moments of greatness. Energetic moments where I may pass by something in my home and realize I hate that wall color! Room design! Whatever, and decide immediately to act on it. For me this is good and bad. Good because I get things done-myself! For cheap! Bad because the first day I have a plan and get to action. Day 2 I'm still plugging along, day three I wonder why I started but am too OCD to leave anything *gulp* unfinished.

So this is what I did (thankful now) with my dining room that was a dim honey mustard yellow with very dark old time brownish maroon cinema like material curtains (that I did not pick) and a lot of pinterest inspired possibility!

Before:





Paint can do wonders but do your prep work! Frog Tape, floor covering (I like the roll of brown paper) and enough paint brushes and paint.

After:


The kitchen was another eye sore for me. I did that months ago again you can see I prefer white, light, and bright to dark browns.


Make sure your home rises up to greet you! Cheap ways to add life-lighting. I added solar lighting for $28 above the deck. Flowers! Seasonal and cheap way to welcome you each day!







Make your home your safe haven!

No comments:

Post a Comment