Saturday, November 24, 2012

2012

I have wanted to blog for so long because I am a reflective person. Working in an IB school I have had to identify my charachter profile and attributes, and I am definitely reflective. I write as cheap therapy, as art, as entertainment, as naturally as breathing. But I haven't blogged nearly enough to figure it all out yet. This year 2012 was the best year yet. I say say this because it is the year I am IN.

I have been reflecting on happiness and truly believe it is a choice. But if it is, why do some have such a hard time "finding it" "keeping it" "maintaining it". Well, I guess it is a state of mind. It's like a diet. You can't do it for a week then decide to go back to your old ways and still reap the benefits. No, you have to keep it up every day a way of life, a state of mind. So if you know loving yourself makes a happier more productive person that means everyday all day long-you love yourself. No pity parties, no weak moments where you tell yourself you are ugly, fat, unloveable-NOPE you must love yourself all. the. time. This means if you want to decide what was the best year of your life, it always has to be the here and now. It can't be years past or the future holds the best one yet. It must always be now. Right now.

I will confess....I don't think this way or ever have. But I think it is the new way of thinking for me. This year I made new friends. Friends that lift my spirits. I grew closer to old friends. I mader some serious mistakes.....I am learning from them so they served a purpose. I grew closer to the Lord. This year I was paralyzed with fear, but was strong enough to break free from it as well. I saw the Golden Gate Bridge. I went to New Orleans and flew on a plane for the first time in my whole life without my husband or children, just me with coworkers. This year I was employed! I worked where BOTH my children were. I joined pinterest :) I tried many new restaurants. I ran a half marathon with a new friend. I enrolled my children in swimming lessons, softball and baseball, basketball and cheerleading. I did stuff basically. New stuff. Stuff that makes 2012 the best one yet. And with my New line of thinking I can't wait to list the reasons why 2013 will be the best next year. The year we're in friends....That should always be the best year yet! I already know my new year's resolution and it isn't a long list as I have done the past decades.

IT's a phrase- The here. And Now. a new lifestyle. Don't beat yourself up about it just take it as it comes and remember THIS is the best year. This one-the one you're in. Right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment