Monday, November 26, 2012

Best Day Ever?

Monday......Back to work after a relaxing Thanksgiving holiday. Could it be? The best day ever? Well, I told myself that all day. I listened to classical music. I was kind. I enjoyed teaching my kids. I was out the door shortly after 3:00. We did some grocery shopping. You want to know what was so great about that? I can remember crying after going grocery shopping in Chattanooga because I didn't know the area, the store, anyone for hundreds of miles. Today I bumped into one of my closest friends here, my daughter's teacher, and a few parents. That is a feeling I relish after going through move after move. Knowing people. People I really like seeing or bumping into. It is a feeling of home when you bump into people, can chit chat in the grogery store, and go about your afternoon. I really liked that today. The feeling after nearly 2 years in this place-home. I got home really early 4:16. Was able to clean up the house do a little laundry, and sit down and relax for a minute. The kids decorated gingerbread cookies and I watched (and took pictures of course). Then we pulled out the workbooks and I worked with them. They did such great work. I was proud. Last we all ate dinner together and then actually had a movie night-yes on a Monday! Madagascar 3 is the perfect pick me up. So yes, it can and was the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment