Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Guardians

Today we watched The Guardians. I was worried that The Boogyman charachter would be too scary but he wasn't. It was a powerful movie I thought in the regards to believing in the unseen and fear. It seems that one message is that fear can take a hold of you and can take over if you believe in it. It can take your joy, your beliefs, your happiness and cover it all in a black cloud. Isn't that what it does in life? Doesn't it take over and engulf all that is you if you give in to it and believe in the fearful whispers. It takes over your days and creates nightmares while you sleep. But the beauty of the movie is that as powerful as the guardians were all it took was for one little boy to say I believe in you but I am not afraid of you. And poof! All the black turned to gold. Fun was back, laughing, joy, day to day life was back. The whimsy of the Easter Bunny, Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and Jack Frost. I loved this movie not because of the animation, or the comedy, or the originality. I loved it because I needed this message. If you allow fear to engulf you it will. If you don't-it won't. It can't. We have the power over our own fear. And we can make ourselves or break ourselves based on what we allow fear to do with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment