Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Love of Children

There is nothing like the love of a little boy. The love of a daughter is a magical and wonderful thing but little boys love their mommy with a passion. On our weekend bike trip Paul is taking the bikes off the back of the car and Warner insists he is riding with his mommy. His bike attaches to one of ours and Mary is finally on her own bike. I was looking forward to riding my bike with no one attached because it is something to go up hills pulling a bike and child. So, I tell Warner that his daddy goes much faster than I do. And I say that his daddy is much stronger too hoping this will sway him to ride attached to his daddy's bike. He says, "But mommy I love YOU the most!" Paul laughed knowing there was no arguing with that. So he rode attached to mine! Later that night he was in trouble for calling his sister a name. I made him apologize to her. Then I said give her a hug. And a kiss. And tell her you love her more than the whole world. To which he stated, "But mom that's how much I love YOU!" After he said he loved her he turned around to me and said, "You know I love you more than anyone in the family." There is nothing like being loved by your son and daughter and husband. I pray nothing or no one ever tries to come between that. When you are loved you can get through anything. I can't wait until someone loves my son and daughter the way my husband loves me and I love him. Enough love to triple that love among our family of four. I will remember intently how important that immediate family is and will do whatever I can for my children to help them cultivate that in their own family one day.

1 comment: