Friday, August 8, 2014

Let's Talk About..... Baby.......

Well you would have to be from the 90's maybe even the 80's it's hard to remember since we are in a new millennium now to know where this title is going. While I was in a marriage seminar I heard the very best description of the differences in men and women. Even better than what I read in Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus (also in the late 90s). Anyway, this ingenious speaker explained that men are like microwaves and women are like crockpots.




Have you ever put a meal in the crockpot and left for work to return to a cold dead piece of meat. Ya forgot to turn it on. There is no getting a quick dinner....you're screwed! Or in this case...not-Sorry for the pun.

So basically women need a good 8-10 hours to cook to be ready to go. I'm not talking about the world's longest foreplay...or am I? I am not referring to groping. As a woman I prefer to be talked to. I really liked to be smiled at. Laughter bumps the knob from low to high. If my husband happens close to me the crockpot is on. So I suppose basic proximity is good with me. Even just a hand on my shoulder. I'm not talking about "that's what she said" comments or remarks all day. I'm not talking about overtly sexual acts. I'm talking romance and genuine caring. A little sympathy or empathy, or acknowledgment goes a long way as well. Ps.



Further more, it's all in the details. Saying every Sunday afternoon, "You look nice." is not nearly the same as "I like your hair today." Or "You look great in that dress." It's just more specific you know.

On the other hand men (and I know this is not true to all) as described by the speaker whom I do not remember because it was nearly a decade ago, can have their buttons pushed and in minutes be ready to go at times. And now you know microwaves are even more efficient so if you push a 1 it knows what to do.

I am no Dr. Ruth but I have read her column enough as well as Dear Abby to know women are turned on by their brains....we are thinkers. Maybe even over thinkers. With men it may be more physical (this is just a non expert guess).


Now I know that this makes us females the more complicated species....because this means we are turned on by a way of life. Not a moment. Although moments do contribute. I realize that this is harder to maintain than the subtle cues a man may only need (or not-I'm not the expert).

It's all about closeness for me, feeling safe and secure. How can you truly become one with your mate if you feel miles away? We women are just too smart for that. And truly I think men are too, but they may be willing to settle sometimes.

I guess that means we prefer quality over quantity. True Love.

And now after looking back at Salt and Peppa's lyrics this goes against all the song really was about except for the intro:


"Let's Talk About Sex"

(Punch it, Hurb
Yo, I don't think we should talk about this
Come on, why not?)

People might misunderstand what we're tryin' to say, you know?
No, but that's a part of life


And that would be that Christians actually do this! Especially the MARRIED ones. It's a part of life. It's important to a healthy marriage. I personally think it is important to talk about. Preferable with girlfriends that keep secrets like vaults and have no judgement.

So men, from one married woman-crockpots are very low maintenance. You really only have to turn it on, put the meal in (usually this consists of at least one type of Campbell's soup), put the lid on. Let it cook, and you're good to go, but it takes time and happens throughout the day. You never cook with a crockpot at night unless you're making breakfast for the morning. And women, just push the 1 and he'll know what to do.

ps. I have not read that book in the pic above and do not recall if this was the speaker I heard from, however, I may need to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment