Saturday, July 12, 2014

Down Time

How do we deal with downtime? Yes the downtime of summer. I first am in a summer stupor and sleep late and have a huge breakfast each day. We hang around in our PJs all day. Then the guilt comes so we get dressed or hit the pool. Why do I feel more productive when I drive somewhere and get out of the house-the zoo, a play date, the movies, the pool? What is it about returning home that makes us feel as if we have done something? I suppose I am learning that the SAHM part I am having trouble with is the "staying at home". I guess I prefer to get out of the house.

I know when school starts I'll be driving here, there, and everywhere. However, going places in the summer equals spending money (except the pool) and I need to be saving. I guess I need to take advantage of our memberships more the YMCA and the zoo. The heat doesn't help either. It's the southern fry an egg on the sidewalk kind of heat (despite this polar vortex the nightly news speaks of). So the question remains, why when I wake up, cook breakfast, unload dishwasher, reload dish washer after breakfast, straighten the house 4 times each day, and do a load or two of laundry do I not feel PRODUCTIVE simply because I have not gotten dressed and left the house? Maybe the answer is to wake up, get dressed, walk to the mailbox and then will feel productive?? Here's to productivity:

No comments:

Post a Comment