Sunday, July 20, 2014

The Summer Slump

When asked my favorite season and having spent my entire adult life as a teacher of course I always went straight to summer! Probably because in the back of my mind I have some fantasy every summer will be just like this:




But in truth there are far less if any trips to the beach, bathing suit season sets me into a tale spin I just didn't even think about all winter, the heat starts to get to me, boredom and lack of routine begins to simply put me into a:



I suppose that there is something to this:



I just know that each summer does bring new experiences and sweet memories, and who wants summer to end???


But by the end of July the school supplies show their faces in stores and news of a tax free weekend comes, and just like that summer is nearly done.


Although I always go straight to summer I often feel like this at the twinge of fall weather:


So something tells me it must be my true favorite. Since I am no longer headed back to work in August and may actually get a break as my kids head back to school maybe I will finally know why those parents were in such a hurry for school to start back all those years. We will get back to a real schedule. I will maybe experience peace and quiet for the first time this fall, and the summer slump and all it's expectations of fun and adventure will fade. We will have made some memories and real life will begin again!

Here's to some summer nostalgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment