Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pinterest Projects...I've Got Time!

Most years at this time, I am stressed, frantic, focussed on one thing.....Classroom and feeling the pressure and knots of a new year with the faculty meeting to look forward to that always adds a lot of new responsibilities that are in ADDItion to all the old. It leaves me feeling cranky, depleted, and well in a bad mood.

I am instead playing with my kids, welcoming visitors (my parents) the last week of summer with ease, and doing all the projects for 3 years I've been pinning but never had the time to do:


With my Louisiana roots and TN branches I have loved this project! It cost me $12.00 total. I got the frame (with a tiny unnoticeable crack in the glass) on red line for $7.00 from Michaels. I printed the Hey Ya'll on card stock which I already had and traced the words with a gold paint pen $4.00 from Office Depot. I used my scrapbook paper I already had to make a matting. It went in my guest room to welcome all my Southern guests :)

The next project was also for the guest room!


This was a favorite things tray for your guests. I put a jar of my parents favorite candy, a couple of books I knew they would like, magazines, and an assortment of pies for my dad, along with a plant.

The last project was the guest bathroom:


This was a just in case you left it project.

I would like to also take this time to make a note to Michaels about your lovely stickers telling me in 3 languages that glass is fragile.....


Dear Michaels.....Glass, is also SEE THROUGH!!!!!! So your stickers that do not peel off really make my projects a little trying!

Luckily I learned by trial and error that heating it with a blow dryer will NOT get these stickers off :/


But using this sponge with dawn will scrub the sticker AND the annoying sticky right off!


So basically I am enjoying my life and my kids and my family. I am relishing every email from their school I get and signing up for every meeting. I thank God every single night as I walk the dog for such peace and this phase of life. I thank Him for the gift of being a stay at home mom and getting to do this while my kids are little! I thank him for Pinterest ideas and that I've got time to be creative and actually DO them!

No comments:

Post a Comment