Monday, July 21, 2014

Flawless Love Loves Even Our Flaws

Have you ever craved unconditional love? The kind that laughs when you laugh, cries when you cry? The kind we strive to have as parents, as a spouse. It is forgiving, it is without limitations or even expectations.



Of course it is unattainable yet we can receive it. I suppose our goal is to get as close to it as we can as humans. Striving for selflessness, forgiveness, with a balance of joy.


The gift is not lost on me. Not for one second.


This resonates in every fiber of my being. When I ponder on His perfect love I realize just how imperfect I am and the fact God loves me still...only enhances that love to a greater level.

There is a part in Annie (the original) where Daddy Warbuck's is talking to his assistant Grace Farrell. He says to her upon just noticing, "Your tooth is crooked." She replies, "I'll have it fixed." To which he states, "No, I like it crooked." Isn't that the kind of love we all hope for. The kind that sees our flaws and embraces them just because someone loves us so dearly they even love the flaws because they are part of us. Which leads me to this:


I am a firm believer of this. Maybe it seems I am an underachiever. But I prefer to see the flaws. I think they add character, life lessons, even an opportunity to love deeper and greater. Call me crazy?


If you are under the gun to do something or be something just to receive love, I am truly sorry. That is no way to live. Truthfully you can relax and rest in His love.


After all, can't we just relax and be our flawed selves for a while and enjoy the wonderful gift of living for a while. Try to bask in the grace and love we are given even through every flaw.

I always think of the warmth of God's love when I see or hear the word bask:

bask
bask/Submit
verb
lie exposed to warmth and light, typically from the sun, for relaxation and pleasure.
"sprawled figures basking in the afternoon sun"
synonyms: laze, lie, lounge, relax, sprawl, loll, wallow; More
revel in and make the most of (something pleasing).

Try to experience this flawless love in spite of all of our flaws. It's what it is there for and contains unbelievable power.

No comments:

Post a Comment