Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Need Volunteers!




I had an email this morning that my son's new elementary school was ready for PTO volunteers to sign up. WHAT A BLESSING! I was giddy with excitement.

I have utilized so many parent volunteers in my classroom. I have received more than you can imagine during teacher appreciation week. I simple CAN'T WAIT to be on the other side-the giving side, serving side, volunteering side.

As I was signing up I just felt such peace and emotion to get to be at my children's school in the parent capacity and not the teaching one for the next decade.

I do not take this choice lightly. While shuffling through confusing feelings of being *gulp* unemployed, today reminded me why I gave up the career that I have loved, adored, dreamed of as a child-to serve.

To serve my community, to serve the school my children go to, to serve my family.

I praise God for a heart of servitude. I pray it will only multiply. This is going to be a humbling experience for me-a spiritual journal. I truly welcome it.






No comments:

Post a Comment